We want all of our pilgrims to have a safe and happy experience. After many successful pilgrimages, we’ve put together this list of helpful travel tips:
- Money: Plan to use your ATM card for cash (Euros) for the best exchange rate. All major credit cards will be fine. Notify your bank & Credit Card companies of your trip.
- Bring a camera, memory cards, film, and batteries and be sure to bring enough photography supplies for your entire trip. If you have a video camera, bring an extra battery, plus proper recharging equipment. Due to security screening, we recommend storing your equipment in your carry-on luggage.
- Bring a travel alarm clock and perhaps a travel sewing kit (if you wish).
- Pack items that may leak in plastic bags. Do not pack any articles of value in your checked luggage.
- Avoid over packing and leave room for souvenirs that you plan to take back home. Consider bringing a foldable extra bag for souvenirs.
- Bring a copy of your passport/identification and pack it separately from the original. Also, take a picture of your passport info page with your phone.
- Leave a copy of your tour itinerary, contact info and a copy of your passport at home with your emergency contact person.
- Remember, when flying you can only take one quart size bag with no more than 3 ounces of any one liquid in your carry-on bag. Liquids that do not fit in the one quart size bag or are larger than 3 ounces will be discarded by security. Pack them in your checked bag.
- Remember to hydrate and get up and stretch while flying.
- If you are considering using your cell phone while traveling internationally, you should check with your cell provider concerning their access and charges for overseas calls, texting and emailing for the specific destination you are traveling to.
Gratuities: (handled in advance, from $125/person*)
The recommended tip for our Guide is 4 euro per day per person. If we will be under the care of our guide for 10 days. 10 x 4 = 40 euro. The suggested tip for the Driver is 2 euro per day x 10 days = 20 euro. We will present them to the Guide and Driver at our Farewell Dinner.
In addition to our Guide and Driver, the gratuities for all our Local Guides and Group meals are included in that $125. The only tips not included are those for your housekeepers along the way. Please consider honoring their contribution to our comfort with a suggested 2 Euro/day/person.
* Advance gratuities are charged as a convenience. This avoids having to “pass the hat” throughout the trip. You may opt out of this convenience if you wish.
Plan ahead and make sure your passport will not expire for at least six months after your return date.
Keep your passport on you at all time in a secure place that cannot be stolen by a pick-pocket. Keep a photocopy of your passport in a separate place hidden in your suitcase. Leave a copy of your passport with your Emergency Contact.
Considerations and Frequently Asked Questions:
Some items vary by location. We welcome your questions! Please feel free to ask us about:
- International Cell phone plan from your carrier
- Currency exchange
- Baggage allowances
- Notify credit card companies and your bank
- Time zone changes and jet lag
- Electrical converters/adaptors
- Hair dryers